Introduction to the Community Health Club Approach
Web conferencing details provided upon confirmation.
Access: An online training course conducted virtually through Zoom
Summary of Training: An introductory course for those interested in starting a Community Health Club Project but who first want to understand more about why the CHC method ‘works’.
- Why People Change: Theories of Health Promotion
- How to build Common Unity through Community Health Clubs
- Membership, Mobilisation & Monitoring
- How Applied Health Education and Development meets the SDGs
- Expected Outcomes of a Community Health Club Project
Target Participant: Project planners and managers / students and interns in NGOs
Required facilities for participants:
- Individual email account
- Reliable connectivity for Zoom
- Computer with video and audio
Language of training: English
Duration: five days 1st – 5th May, 2023.
Time of meeting: 5.30 to 6.30 pm (South African Time)
Number of sessions: 5 sessions
Duration of each session: approximately 1 hour with discussion
Facilitator: CHC Founder – Director of Research and Training, Dr. Juliet Waterkeyn
- Payment: full payment in advance
- Cancellation: No refund for incomplete or late attendance
- Training Materials: Powerpoint pdf and Zoom recording available to participants
- Intellectual Property: (Creative Commons) Presentations can be shared with acknowledgement but not changed without permission of Africa AHEAD
- Visual Aids and facilitator Guidelines remain the IP of Africa AHEAD and AA logo must be retained.
- Visual Aids may be copied and used for training in a CHC project, but not be printed and sold for commercial purposes, nor made available on other websites.
- Completion: No access to materials / recordings once course date is expired
- Sharing of Screens: No reduction for participants who may share screens.