Name of programme: Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) measures against the novel Corona virus
Objective of Programme:
In response to the Covid 19 pandemic, Africa AHEAD is being supported in Zimbabwe by UNICEF in partnership with Moriti oa Sechaba the objective is to improve awareness of safe hygiene and sanitation practices, with a focus on participatory health and hygiene education in high risk communities (bus terminus, churches, marketplaces, other public places) with the target to reach a quarter of a million people
Details of Programme
Partner: Unicef / Moriti oa Sechaba
Dates: June 2020 –
- Harare ( Chitungwiza, Mbare, Hopley, Mufakose, Warren Park, Glenorah/Southlea Park, Belvedere, Hatcliffe and Dzivarasekwa)
Number of CHCs: 40
Number of CHC members:
Number of Beneficiaries:
Number of staff: 14
Cost per beneficiary: US$1,47
- conducting street hailing public health promotion campaigns
- distributing 5,000 WASH hygiene kits in Harare.
- reviving 40 of the Community Heath Clubs that we have started in these areas
- train another 200 Community Health Worker/volunteers to scale up this community involvement.
- disseminating key health and hygiene messaging on COVID-19 and diarrheal diseases,
- rehabilitation of WASH infrastructure for 10 Health Care Facilities, supporting them with disinfectant/cleaning kit,
- 100 bucket hand washing stands at public places.
The project is manned by 14 Africa AHEAD staff members and is valued at USD 369,021 at an estimated cost of US$1.47 each.
Achievements to Date