Community Health Club members can be identified by their spot less kitchens. In Zimbabwe the CHC kitchens have become works of art. The walls are moulded in clay into niches to show case all the plates and cups, the water container is clean and covered and the fuel efficient stove prevents smoke damage to the lungs.
- All food is stored to prevent access by flies, rodents, cockroaches and livestock
- Animal products are not stored in contact with other food
- Fresh food is stored in fridge
- Left over food is stored in fridge /cupboard / covered to prevent flies/rodent access
- Left over food is boiled / reheated well before eating